Aug 28, 2009

Exciting Times Indeed!

Today was quite exciting for me. I woke up early this morning and managed to hear a local conservative talk show. I was able to call in and express my opinion. While doing so, I learned of a Tea Party rally here in my home town of Pocatello, Idaho. I asked for more information, and was given the email address of the lead organizer.

It just so happened (by luck? naw.. I don't believe in luck) that today the organizers were having another meeting, and I was invited to attend. It was a relatively small group, perhaps no more then ten people. The diversity of the group was amazing. There were two girls there attending ISU, a few people in the "retirement" generation, and everything else in between. Everyone came from different employment backgrounds as well as religious backgrounds, yet we united as one. For me, this is an experience that I will not soon forget. I'm very happy that I found about it today as this was the second to last meeting, and my only regret is that I did not hear of it sooner.

When they brought up needs to be filled, I gladly volunteered my time. So, I am very happy to say that I am an active participant of a large Tea Party in my area. (We are expecting at least 1,000 people to show up, and for this area, that is huge!)

What really hit home though was despite the difference between us all (age, religion and and employment background), we banded together as one, for a common purpose. Everyone is using their special abilities to promote a common cause.

In the strongest way I can possibly imagine, I implore each and every one of you to become involved in your local Conservative chapter. Grass root movements are what founded this country. Grass root movements are what will save it!

No comments: