2009 was an interesting year for The Troubled Patriot. It wasn't until July that this blog truly became active, with August showing the start of increased content. December finished out the year with 22 posts, making the yearly posts a total of 90. I'm hoping that 2010 will be an even better year for this blog.
Next week, January 11th, I'll be returning to college. As such, I don't know as of yet how active I will be. The first few weeks will tell the tale, although I'm quite certain that mid-term and finals week will probably result in no postings what so ever!
There seems to have been some confusion or expectations that have not been met by some readers. To avoid creating any further surprises (such as what was generated by the previous post), I am going to clarify my stances on particular issues.
- This is a Politically Correct (PC) free zone. I won't write any article in an attempt to please certain people's ego's or to tow any party line.
- I do not affiliate myself with any political party, although I am a strong conservative. As such, I will heap praise where it is due, but also be quick to call on those who are endangering America.
- In addition to being a PC free zone, this is also a place where the Cult of Personality will not be tolerated. There are quite a few predominate people who seem to have gathered a fanatical following. As such, their followers will defend them via tooth and nail, regardless of what said person states or does. There is no room for that here. We all know of the fanatical following that Obama has, but there are others as well who have seem to have drawn such a crowd. Some of those are Sarah Palin, Ron Paul, Rush Limbaugh, etc al. While there are many that I agree with on most issues, I will not turn a blind eye to what I feel is harmful. I called Ron Paul on it in the last article (as well as some local politicians), and I will continue to do so with any other prominent figure who "gets out of line." I would do so with Ronald Reagan if he was still around. Do I hate these people? No. However, I realize that we're all human - none are perfect. I'll admit that even about myself. I'm only 98.8% correct all the time! So, if you are afraid of seeing some criticism being placed upon your beloved "hero," then you may not want to return to this blog. I will pull no punches. As an American, I kneel to no one; I won't even bow.
- I am 100% pro-life. I will not accept abortion under any circumstance. If there isn't a baby in your womb, then you aren't pregnant.
- I'm 100% pro-death penalty. Some of you may be wondering if this is in contradiction to my pro-life stance. I tell you what, the first time a baby commits murder, rape or treason (punishable by death), then I will change my pro-life stance.
- Not all Muslims are terrorists, but almost every single terrorist act committed during the past 10 years (and longer) have been by Muslims. As of this writing, almost 15,000 acts resulting in thousands upon thousands of deaths have been committed since 9-11-2001. Islam is not a religion of peace, and I will not tow that PC party line.
- I do not, in any way shape or form, support large government. In fact, I vehemently oppose it. As we give more power to our government, an equal measure of liberty is lost.
- I am a strong supporter of the country of Israel. As a bible believing Christian, I know that Israel's rebirth was foretold thousands of years ago, and that it is God's land to give to whom He chooses. I will not turn my back on that nation.
- I know isolationism to be suicidal. Getting rid of alliances and refusing to fight terrorists on their own soil will only bring them and other bloodthirsty fanatics to ours. We must aid our allies while at the same time not surrendering one iota of our national sovereignty.
- We must get rid of the UN and leave NATO. These are failed political organizations who's only true purpose is to bring about a one world government.
- Talking to dictators and signing treaties with them will not help the causes of liberty. Didn't we learn anything from Neville Chamberlain?
- I will oppose socialism and communism at every turn. If you want that kind of lifestyle, please, move to Cuba.
- I will praise those whom are praiseworthy, regardless of party affiliation or prior background. If what they are doing now helps America, they have my support.
- There are times when I will be quite blunt. On those occasions, it would be criminal to pull my punches.
- I consider homosexuality to be an abomination and a sin. However, if this is something you want to practice behind your closed doors, go for it. What I will not stand for is someone forcing me to accept it. Nor will I stand passively by as our children are force fed some PC crap and are told that this is "normal" and "acceptable" behavior. Do not legislate your chosen sin into my life and the lives of our children.
- I believe that we should be caretakers of this planet as well as all animal life. However, animals are animals, and a thousand polar bears are not even worth one human life. We should exploit our own natural resources instead of paying mad mullahs in the middle east for theirs. We must drill in ANWAR as well as in the Gulf of Mexico and any other place we may find necessary resources. We must become completely independent and not have our welfare tied to any other nation's.
- Man made climate change is a myth!
- I love my country, and will never apologize for it. No nation is perfect, being run by imperfect beings, yet America is the grandest nation ever to grace the face of the Earth. I will unabashedly proclaim her greatness and sing her praises. If you are seeking criticism of this country, there are plenty of progressive blogs which will quench that particular thirst.
- We must secure our borders and get rid of illegal immigrants. English should become mandatory as our primary language. I'm tired of pressing 1 for English. Open borders means an unsecured America. An unsecured America will ultimately result in this nation's demise.
- Affirmative Action should be tarred, feathered, and run out of town. People should be judged based upon their own merits, not their skin color, sex, sexual preference or disability.
- I will not compromise any of the above stances. I will stubbornly hold fast to what is true, regardless of how popular or unpopular it makes me. I'd rather die in a raging inferno than for one moment sacrifice my convictions.
That being said, I wish each and every one of you a joyous and prosperous 2010!