Mar 9, 2010

Glenn Beck, I'm Calling You Out

If anyone has been a supporter of Glenn Beck, I would consider myself among the top of those. I enjoyed his previous "no nonsense" stance that he took towards those things which harm America. Yet just like some other political "conservatives" I've called to task recently, Beck has forced my hand in this.

Those of us who take the Constitution seriously also take the issue of Obama's naturalized birth status seriously. McCain was forced to produce evidence that he is a naturalized citizen by birth, but Obama has never done so, not was he ever required to. Yet Beck's response to those of us who want to see the evidence is this:

I have to tell you, are you working for the Barack Obama administration? I mean, that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.


Then he made headlines supporting man-made global warming:

“You’d be an idiot not to notice the temperature change,” he says. He also says there’s a legit case that global warming has, at least in part, been caused by mankind.


Now he's gone beyond the forgivable. Concerning Gert Wilders, a Dutch politician who is speaking out against the Islamization of Europe - and is on trial because of this - Beck has called Wilders a far right fascist. From Atlas Shrugs:

Something very disturbing happened today on FOX. Glenn Beck, who has, for the most part, steered clear of jihad, sharia and Islamic supremacism, put his toe in the water, and for the first time since I started fighting the long war, I got nervous.

Beck just called Wilders a fascist, and far-right.

Combine this with the fact that Fox News is now basically owned by Saudi Arabia, Beck is turning out to be someone that I cannot support - nor hardly stomach. Yes, Beck has said a lot of things in the past with which I agree. However, these three issues listed above are ones that I feel betray the conservative American cause. Beck either needs to retract these statements or start looking for work with NPR.

No comments: