Fast forward seven months to where we are now - the prediction I made is unfortunately coming to pass. The Social Democrats passed sweeping legislation in the face of opposition from the majority of United States citizens - with no regard for constitutional law. Understandably, Americans are quite upset.
The Lap Dog liberal media is now pulling out all the stops to support their Marxist masters. We are constantly hearing of threatening actions committed against the Social Democrats who voted in favor of the liberty ending "reform" bill. The ultra-liberal publication, Politico, wrote concerning it:
A coffin was placed in front of a Missouri Democrat’s house, another in a string of incidents against lawmakers after their vote Sunday on a health care overhaul.
However, the truth is quite different. Jim Hoft, one of the protesters in the prayer vigil wrote an article which was published on Breitbart. In the article (which includes pictures and a video clip), Hoft writes:
And, as we stood outside his office in the rain, we prayed for our country and for the democrats in Washington DC who were stealing away our freedom at that very moment.Hoft and his fellow Christians were praying for this nation, its unborn, its elderly, and its leaders. Yet "[the] Carnahans told reporters that the coffin was left on their lawn. This is an absolute lie. We had a prayer service and then left. The state-run media didn’t bother to follow up on this outrageous lie before they published their hit piece."
We brought a coffin with us to represent the millions of Americans who will suffer from inadequate treatment and perish under Obamacare.
Local reporters from KSDK News Channel 5 showed up to interview myself and others after our prayer service.
After our prayer service we took our coffin and went and prayed on the sidewalk outside of Russ Carnahan’s home.
Last year, there was talk about government interment camps being set up. Indeed, for the longest time, the Army National Guard had a position listed on its website which only strengthened some people's concern. After a time, the job listing was pulled, but those involved with the National Guard confirmed that recruiters were still seeking to fill the position.
Combine that with the Department of Homeland Security's labeling of conservatives as a "home grown terrorist threat," things start to become a bit more interesting.
Now all of this being said, am I turning into a conspiracy theorist? Not so. I do not know if the government is setting up internment camps. What I do know is this: the government, along with its Lap Dog media, is now publicly declaring that some Democrats are being threatened. When do politicians not received threats or hate mail? The sad fact is, that when one serves in public office, there will always be those who oppose your position, and among those who oppose there will always be those who will engage in extremist behavior. That's why the Secret Service was created.
Case in point is Republican Rep. Eric Cantor of Virginia. He commented that his office has been shot at, and that he also has received threats. Yet as a Republican, he did not vote in favor of H.R. 3590. However, he did make a striking point by "[accusing] top Democrats of trying to exploit the threats they've been receiving for 'political gain.'"
So far, this is what I have noticed:
- The Social Democrats have passed a widely unpopular piece of legislation which has caused great anger among Americans.
- At least one Social Democrat has been caught in telling an outright lie to the media.
- The Lap Dog Media did not bother to check with the facts, and thus published that lie.
- The Department of Homeland Defense has labeled conservatives as "domestic terrorists."
- Other politicians have been victims of violence and death threats, yet these politicians did not vote in favor of H.R. 3590.
- There is a strong track record of the government using the Lap Dog Media to further its Marxist agendas, as well as attacks on its opponents.
- There have been suggestions that the government is setting up detention camps. Activity by the Army National Guard, in so far as recruitment policy is concerned, has done nothing to lessen those fears.
- The current number two ranked Republican in the House has accused the Democrats of trying to "exploit threats to their political gain."
Is history repeating itself? Probably not exactly as before, but what is happening today is frighteningly similar to what happened in the early 20th century.
In regards to the fiasco concerning the alleged placing of a coffin on the lawn of Rep. Russ Carnahan, what really happened? "The coffin is currently in a member’s garage…. Oh, and the protest was on SUNDAY not Wednesday."