The "upstanding" Senator forgot to mention these few points:
- In both the House and Senate, Democrats pressured their party members to vote for the health care bill.
- In both the House and Senate, late night votes were held to catch the public unaware.
- Reid bribed numerous Democrat Senators to get their votes.
- The Republicans did indeed offer alternatives, but since they were not to the liking of the Democrats, those alternatives were rejected.
- The Republicans were following the majority of Americans (54-80% depending on what poll) who did not want this health care bill.
- The Democrats have acknowledge this, but state that once the bill is in place, Americans will change their minds - no matter that taxation starts immediately but no "benefits" will be seen for four years.